Thursday, April 9, 2009

Jackson Hill Climb

Mark and I were finally invited by Jen and Chris to the Jackson Hole Hill Climb! Woohoo! They have been going for years now and we have finally been invited! Just kidding! They have probably invited us before and we just have had stuff going on. We drove up to Afton, WY Friday night March 27th and stayed with the Bucks. I guess I had met them before but didn’t remember. They are so cool! They have a way cute cabin nestled in a huge snow bank, in the middle of nowhere! We played the Wii and everyone laughed at me because I can’t help but get my whole body involved in playing. They tried to get video, but thank goodness I lost before they could get too much damaging footage. I have an image to protect people. Geeez! So fun! I have to share an incident that proves I am not ready to have children though…They have the cutest little boy named Xander. I messed up on the game and shouted, “CRAP”. The next thing I know…I hear him shouting, “Crap, Crap, Crap”. I felt horrible! They said he already knew the word and not to worry about it, but I still felt bad! I really shouldn’t be over the Nursery in my ward! Who knows what I will teach the little children on accident!
Anyway! The next morning we woke up bright and early to get to the mountain. We rode the lift up and slid down the mountain to where we wanted to be and got in touch with our inner rednecks.
It had just snowed a couple days before so the snow was pretty good which means there weren’t many wrecks! I was kind of disappointed because these hill climbs are all about the WRECKS baby! It was still fun and Jen and I enjoyed doing our hip-hop/hustle dance for everyone to stay warm! It was cold so Jen and I had our own workout session with squats and running in place. Good times! I think the slide down the mountain on our butts, sorry mom, BOTTOMS made my whole day though. That was soooo much fun! Thanks Jen and Chris for showing us such a great time! Great memories! In the first video...you have to watch Chris. I hate to laugh because he hurt himself, but it was funny! He is the guy in black behind me.



2 comments:

  1. haha, laughing out heads off! that first vid is sweeeeeeet! we had a blast too, sorry there wasn't more WRECKAGE, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not laughing. My ribs still hurt. I was just making up for the lack of sleds getting wrecked. We are glad you guys came It was fun!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete