Thursday, April 9, 2009

Phoenix Racquetball Roadtrip

We (Loran, Marcile (Mark's parents), Mark and I) went to Phoenix last week and I just have to say that I loved it! I would move there. The weather was perfect! When I say that, I realize that it gets a whole lot hotter, but I think I would still do it. Never having to drive in the snow again…FANTASTIC! I had been there before, but my observations didn't get very far past the car that I was riding in. What can I say…It was a HOT car! This time I paid attention to my surroundings because none of us knew where we were going. Poor Mark! He had 3 passenger seat drivers and a GPS that hadn't been updated in awhile. I was a lot better than I normally am though. I only said, "Breaks, Breaks!" like twice the whole time. I have been in so many accidents that I am a freak in the car now. None of them my fault by the way! That would be a fun blog post...stories of all my car accidents! :) Anyway, it is a good thing Mark is so patient and laid back. I wasn't even driving and my blood pressure was out of control. Thank goodness I have 2 weeks before my Apple health test to calm down! :)
We went down to Phoenix for Mark's racquetball competition at ASU. I only saw the student rec. center and I wished I had gone to school there. It was awesome! Mark did alright in the competition. I know he wanted to win a few more games. He started getting body aches and a sick stomach on the second day. He didn't eat very much that day and I knew something was wrong!
The games were pretty cool. When Mark was playing I got really in to it, but as soon as he wasn't playing and I tried to watch other games my eyes would glaze over. Thank you Katie for your entertaining text messages!! You are why I didn't lose my mind!
We got a chance to hang out with Mark's cousins down there. They are all really cool girls that I could see myself hanging out with! We stayed with Brock and Ang in their little casita. Their house is BEAUTIFUL! We lived in luxury while we were down there. :) We were able to go see Bob and Krista's house and Kim's also. They all have really nice houses and are all great decorators! We were also able to go to the Easter Pageant at the Mesa temple. It was really neat and I would recommend going if the opportunity arises. Anyway! It was a fun trip and great to get to know the cousins a little better.





(We were not good at taking pictures at all so...most of these are pretty lame. Mark is the jumper in the first picture in case you can't tell.)

5 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I'm sorry we missed it. I'm glad you guys had a good time and that you could all be there to watch Mark play! And P.S. I will gladly move to Phoenix with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! YEAH! Isn't blogging terrific?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I am glad you told me you had a blog, loser.Jk. :) Ok I am happy that I found it from Jen. Email me your email address so I can add you to mine k. Love ya, and you look great by the way.

    jaraewilcox@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...how do I just now know you have a blog!! It was fun catching up on your blog! You do great at it btw :) If you have any deliscious recipes you can blog those on our recipe blog too now!! Oh and PS sorry I don't think I could move to pheonix w/you summer's would kill me since it's so hot you can't even send your kids outside :( ugghh sorry hope you stay here w/us ;) But if not we'll come visit you for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin your post and comments about AZ! We would love to have you :) The summers really are super hot, but we just swim and make the best of it and then the other 8 or 9 months are PERFECT!!! I just love never looking out the window and trying to decide if I need to wear pants or wear a jacket. So nice. It really was a fun trip and so fun to get to know you better! Keep posting so we know what you are up to. I think we are going to come up for the weekend in July for a quick trip but we will have to get together.

    ReplyDelete